In partnership with Nisula Forest Oy and Volvo Construction Equipment Oy.
Excavators continue to be one of the world’s most common base machines for harvester heads. In the course of years, Nisula harvester heads have been installed on 5-18 ton excavators worldwide. We can provide you with an equipment package that converts your excavator into a timber harvester. In addition to a harvester head, we provide a suitable control system and the control switches and the wire harness needed for the head. Nisula’s distributor in your country will provide you with further information on the installation.
As the result of collaboration with PKP Flex Oy, Häggblom Oy and Volvo Construction Equipment Oy Finland, we are in the position to offer a unique forestry equipment package for Volvo ECR145E excavators. This forestry excavator is ideal for forest improvement and timber harvesting. Every detail is carefully designed. The new innovative solutions allow the use of excavators in forestry work all year round.
Until now, rough terrain has posed a challenge to excavators. The rigid undercarriage has impaired their ergonomics, productivity and travel properties and thereby their work efficiency. Year-round utilisation of the base machine has been a big challenge, and it has been difficult to get value for the investment. Due to the restrictions of the base machine, work has only been on offer in areas where the terrain is passable and at times when the ground is not frozen. The new Volvo ECR145E equipped with the Nisula Flex-14 multi-purpose undercarriage offers you an entirely new conception of an excavator in forestry work.
For the time being, the Volvo ECR145E forestry excavator is only available in certain countries. For additional information on this machine, send a contact request form to our factory.
The design of the innovative, patented Nisula Flex-14 undercarriage is based on practical experience. As the result of nearly 10 years of product development, we now offer a unique undercarriage solution for the Volvo ECR145E excavator, designed to tackle the challenges of difficult terrain. In designing and manufacturing Flex-14, we have worked in collaboration with PKP-Flex Oy and Häggblom Oy to. The flexible track solution, automatic track system locking, bent track plates and high ground clearance bring the terrain capabilities of the machine to an entirely new level.
• Efficiency – better results with no extra working hours
• Life cycle costs – reduced strain on the machine, fewer damages
• Better value for investment – one machine can be used for different purposes
• Health – essentially reduced vibration, strain and stress on the operator
• Productivity – fewer sickness absences, better work quality (better employee for the company)
• Multi-purpose undercarriage which automatically locks in a position that adjusts to the terrain when the machine stops
• Ground clearance 60 cm (+16 cm compared with the standard machine)
• Spring travel +/- 410 mm
• Width 277 cm (+ 8 cm compared with the standard machine)
• Weight + 1500 kg compared with the standard machine (including track guides)
The XB14 boom solution allows you to convert an excavator for timber harvesting quickly and easily. The fastening point and additional hoses are designed to make the switch from forest improvement work to timber harvesting and vice versa as easy as possible. We also offer a solution in which the bucket turning function can easily be used for controlling the rotator.
With a hydraulic extension, XB14 offers more than 2.5 m additional reach. The dual swing damper provided as standard equipment makes taking the harvester head to the tree effortless. If necessary, the heel of the extension can be used to help the machine travel in the terrain. The Nisula XB14 boom solution is designed to be used with Nisula harvester heads.
• Protects the main boom of the excavator during harvesting operations
• Good properties for operations near the machine
• Turns round in a small space without swinging the boom
The properties of the Nisula harvester heads make them ideal for excavators. The typical features of Nisula harvester heads include an extremely strong frame as well as high-quality materials and components.